- To make cream sauce, melt butter in top of double boiler.
- Add flour and cook, stirring with wooden spoon, for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add milk slowly, stirring.
- Return to heat and stir constantly until sauce thickens.
- Mix curry powder and cream, and add to thickened sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place sliced eggs in buttered casserole and top with pimento strips.
- Pour cream sauce over all, lifting eggs gently so sauce reaches bottom of casserole.
- Bake at 200 degrees C for 20 minutes.
- Should be served immediately.
This should be served over rice with some or all of the usual curry accompaniments: chutney, shredded coconut, chopped peanuts, raisins. This is a delicious brunch dish and is very good served with a broiled tomato, French bread and a fresh fruit compote.