- Cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove and crumble.
- Drain off all fat except 1 tablespoon, return to medium heat, add onions and celery.
- Stir in flour to coat the vegetables.
- Add water, stir and cook till thickened.
- Remove from the heat and blend in the cream, boiled dressing, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Pour over the potatoes in a large bowl.
- Add the parsley and chives.
- Add diced feta
- Mix well to blend flavors.
- Add more cream if desired, taste, add salt if desired.
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon on top and garnish with the sliced hard-boiled eggs.
Boiled Dressing: 1/2 cup granulated sugar 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon dry mustard 1/2 cup vinegar 2 eggs, well beaten 1 tablespoon butter
- Combine sugar, salt, and mustard in the top of a double boiler.
- Add vinegar. Stir to combine.
- Add well-beaten eggs.
- Place over moderately boiling water.
- Stir until the mixture is creamy about the consistency of custard.
- Beat in the butter. Cool.
This dressing may be stored, covered, in the fridge, and will keep up to two weeks.