- Brown meat in butter in a frying pan; sprinkle with flour, thyme, ginger and curry.
- Stir well and add onion, garlic and apples.
- Cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Gradually add the stock; cook and stir until slightly thickened and smooth.
- Add lemon rind, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour, adding more stock if needed, until meat is tender.
- Stir in walnuts, raisins, soaking liquid and coconut.
- Simmer for 30 minutes to heat thoroughly.
Serve with chutney, chopped hardboiled eggs and coconut.