- Combine the soy sauce, olive oil, oregano, thyme, basil, onion powder, garlic powder and black pepper to make a marinade.
- Toss the chicken breasts with the marinade and refrigerate them for 4 hours or overnight.
- If necessary, this can be done right before grilling.
- Fire up the BBQ.
- Place the chicken breasts on the BBQ and grill them for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, with the lid down if you havce one, until cooked through.
- Remove the breasts and let them rest for a minute before you slice them.
- To serve the salads, toss the lettuces lightly with the Lemon Vinaigrette.
- Place lettuce on plates and top each with the slices of chicken and the caramelized onions.
Sprinkle with the petals of edible flower blossoms, if desired, shaved curls of fresh Parmesan, and a grind of black pepper.