- Cut Aubergine in half lengthwise.
- Make crisscross patterns in the pulp & sprinkle with salt.
- Let stand for 3o minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly & drain well, drying with paper towels.
- Peel & coarsely chop.
- Heat 2 tb oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Cook Aubergine till softened. Let cool.
- Heat remining oil & cook onion, celery, choped mushrooms & garlic for 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes & return Aubergine to frying pan.
- Stir in breadcrumbs, tomato paste & 3 tb parsley.
- Add basil.
- Continue to cook for 4 minutes.
- Just before serving, wipe mushrooms with cloth dampened in lemon juice.
- Carefully remove the stems.
- Fill each cap with some of the Aubergine mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining parsley & serve.
You can serve the mushrooms hot by baking briefly until warm & then sprinkling with parsley.