- Lay the pepper halves skin side up on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Place about 3 inches under a preheated broiler and broil until the skin blisters and turns black.
- Place the peppers in a plastic bag and close it.
- Allow to cool and peel off the skin.
- Tear the bread into small pieces and soak in the milk for 5 minutes.
- Combine the peppers, bread, olives, capers, and garlic in an electric food processor and process about 4 seconds, until the dip is well mixed but still chunky.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until fairly smooth.
Serve with raw vegetables, crackers or toasted pita bread.