- Peel, quarter and thinly slice onion.
- Coarsely chop mushrooms.
- In a bowl, combine flours, turmeric, chilli powder, cumin, coriander and salt.
- Stir in onion, mushrooms and yogurt; mix well.
- Half fill a deep-fat fryer or saucepan with oil; heat to 190 degrees C (Gas Mark 5) or until a 1/2 cube of day-old bread browns in 40 seconds.
- Divide mixture in 10 equal portions.
- Drop spoonfuls of mixture into hot oil and fry 3-4 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Drain on paper towels.
Garnish with parsley sprig if desired and serve warm.