- Heat oil in a saucepan.
- Add onion and fry gently until lightly golden.
- Add ginger garlic cumin coriander cardamom seeds and turmeric and fry gently 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add lamb and fry until brown stirring frequently.
- Stir in yogurt and bring to a boil.
- Stir well cover and cook gently 45 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms re-cover and cook 15 minutes or until lamb is tender and yoghurt is absorbed.
- Stir in lemon juice salt and pepper and cook uncovered 5 minutes.
Garnish with lime pieces and corriander sprigs if desired and serve hot with Nan bread and saffron rice.