- In a hob-friendly casserole dish, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over high heat on the hob.
- Add the lamb gardually in batches and brown well on all sides.
- Remove and reserve as pieces become brown. Discard fat.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (Gas Mark 4).
- When all the meat has browned and been removed, lower heat to low, add 2 more tablespoons of oil and add the celery, carrot, onion, tomatoes and garlic.
- Cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Return the meat to the pot.
- Add the stock and beans.
- Bring to a boil, add the marjoram, cover, and bake 1 1/2 hours, or until the lamb is cooked and the beans are tender.
- Add the macaroni to the casserole, replace in oven, and cook, covered, another 20 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
Garnish with grated cheese, ground pepper and olive oil.