- In a dry pan, toast the coriander seeds until very aromatic.
- Add the chilli flakes and cook briefly.
- Season the meat with ginger, and brown in the butter.
- Sprinkle on the coriander, pepper and chilli.
- Add the yoghurt, the meat, nutmeg and cardamom to the pan and cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the water, cover the pan and simmer for about 50 minutes until the meat is very tender.
- Uncover halfway through cooking to reduce the sauce if a drier curry is preferred.
- Add the garam masala.
- Cook gently, stirring for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the rice as per the packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Serve the curry over the rice.
If you like, the dish can be garnished with the toasted almond flakes (toast almonds under the grill for 3 minutes each side).